So the other day at school I made a student cry. I didn't mean to do it on purpose and I am still not exactly why the student got upset. It was at the end of the day and the kids were packing up to go home. I was checking to make sure that they had written down their homework in their planners. Side note: I have a homework chart and students get a sticker to put on the chart each day when check their homework. You get prizes a different levels (i.e. students get a piece of candy when they have 5 stickers). On this day one student didn't have their planner. I told the student that if the planner was not at school the next day then I couldn't give out a sticker because part of having your homework is taking your planner home and bringing back again. I then walked away. When I turned around I realized that the kids was crying. I couldn't believe it. Josh might say that I might have had a mean look, or my tone was not nice...but I am pretty sure that I was as nice as I could be.
There isn't a whole lot of new stuff to report on. We had a nice Labor Day. We went to Jordan lake with a group of people. Josh and I went tubing, and I hung out on the "beach." It was nice to spend time with everyone and I was glad I had a chance to relax.
The next couple of months (until Christmas) are going to be super busy. I think Josh and I have something planned for every weekend from now until the second weekend in December. I hope I have the strength to make it through.
No comments:
Post a Comment