Thursday, March 08, 2012

Bad Blogger

Ok, so I admit that I am a terrible blogger. I haven't written a post in over a year (I think). So let me update. Last May I interviewed for a science position at a private school. To my surprise, I was offered the job. I quit my job for Wake County at the end of June and started my new job in August. I really liked most of the people I was working with in Wake County, however I could not work under the conditions I had been dealing with for the previous year and a half. I think people truly do not understand all of the mess that public school teachers have to deal with, from students to parents to administration. I am thankful that I do not have to work in that environment anymore. So now I teach 6th grade science at a private Christian school. I would say that 95% of the time I love it. I have new challenges, but I am thankful everyday to be able to teach in an environment where I am supported and appreciated.

In the last year, my family has dealt with their fair share of health issues. My grandfather was hospitalized in early September because of a leaky aorta. Then in October my father had a triple heart bypass. He has had a slow recovery and several setbacks. He has experienced shortness of breath and memory loss. My dad was hospitalized on New Year's Eve because he had pneumonia. During that hospitalization, we learned that his memory loss was due to the fact that he had had silent stroke at some point. My dad is now on permanent disability because he can no longer remember how to do his job. In November, my father-in-law had a mole removed and the results came back that it was melanoma. He had surgery in December to have lymph nodes removed and he just recently started treatment with Interferon. Josh and I have not had the opportunity to visit since treatment started, but hope to do so soon.

Last, but not least, I am going to India. This summer I will be chaperoning our Youth Group's mission trip. I am so excited to have this opportunity. The other night we had a meeting, where we were able to meet the couple who runs the organization in India. It was awesome to be able hear their point of view, because their passion for Christ exudes from them. I will be traveling in July to a place that is very different from everything that I am accustomed. I would appreciate your prayers. I also have to raise money in order to go. I sure hope that there are people who will be willing to donate in order to defray the cost.

Josh continues to do well. Recently at work he has taken on more responsibility which has led to its own stress.

I think that I have gotten caught up on the events since the last post. Hopefully, I'll post again before another year passes.

No comments: